Saturday, October 13, 2012

Another quick update!

So I guess it's been a while since my last post.  Sorry about that!

Anyway, currently I'm in Leon, which is just a beautiful city.  When looking online, you find almost no hostels here, but a girl I met told me about this Hostelling International one-- I had to sign up for this hostelling club thing, but this hostel has the most GORGEOUS VIEW ever.  It's up on a hill in the most pictueresque place ever.  Really nice town/city.

Let me go back and explain what my last week or so has been. I went to amsterdam for a few days, got really overwhelmed, then visited Doris which was nice.  After that I went to Brussels, Belgium.  Not a very nice city, but it definitely comes alive at night-- I went to a concert for this band I like a lot and it was lots of fun, I even met all the band members.

After that I went to Bruges, which is pretty much a must-go place in Europe in my opinion.  Such a calm, beautiful city, and I met some really wonderful people there and had such a great time.

I stopped in Paris for one night.  Ugh.  Paris is *so* expensive to get into, and the hostels are *so* shitty and expensive.  I was glad to get out.  I at least went to the cinema and saw this french movie I really wanted to see called Holy Motors.  But I had to get up and grab a bus to Leon the next day so I didn't get to go see the Louvre which was the one thing I really wanted to do in Paris.  Well at least I saw the Eiffel tower from a distance.  I didn't realise it lights up like a giant disco ball at night, it's kind of silly.  Anyway I felt kind of sick the whole time I was in Paris and was glad to get out.  I took a nice bus ride down to Leon and it is just so gorgeous and calm here, I love it-- a great city for reading.  Currently I'm reading The Brothers Karazamov, which is fucking incredible so this is a good place to be right now.

Anyway, my love to all yall who read this.  I can't currently find my camera cable so there may be a bit of a hole as far as pictures go, the battery is on the verge of dying.

Hopefully I'll update you guys in a few more days (I'm in Leon 2 more nights, not sure where to next :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment